Sunday, July 6, 2014

Playroom!

I have been having a lot of fun reorganizing my daughter's playroom! Now that she is 2, she needs a bigger space to play and a bigger space to hold her toys! I decided to revamp her play space to give her more freedom and to make it more "grown up." 

First I got 2 cube shelves from Ikea. They were $65 each. I put a white bookshelf next to the shelves. I had the bookshelf at home already. I got it about 6 years ago at Target.


As you can see I still have a lot of organizing to do! 

I only bought 8 fabric bins, because 16 would have been out of my price range. I got them at Target for $6.99 each. 

I decided to label each bin with a picture of the item that goes in each bin and wrote the words out too. I took pictures of her actual toys and used those pictures on the cards, but this could have been done just as easily on google images. I laminated each card and punched a hole in the top of each. Then I attached the card to each box using ribbon.  


As you can see, the pink boxes have lime green cards and black and white chevron bows. I tied a tight knot before I tied the bow. That way, even if the bow gets untied, the card will not come off the box. The bows can easily be retied! The black bins have turquoise cards with silver glitter ribbon. I was going to make the silver ribbon into bows also, but it seemed to be quite hard to work with. So, I just tied the ends into a tight knot and hid the knot on the inside of the bin. 

I'm hoping that the labeled boxes will cause less stress on me! I hate when all the toys get all mixed up. This way, the toys can stay organized even if a babysitter or her grandparents are playing with her. Everyone knows where everything goes! Also, I'm hoping the pictures on the boxes will help my daughter be more independent while playing with her toys.  



Overall, this project has been super easy and a lot of fun so far! I'm excited to continue this project!

No comments:

Post a Comment