Sunday, August 17, 2014

My Room Revamp!!

So, I am currently in the middle of the bigger than I expected project. I decided to take on the task (aka challenge) of repainting and redecorating my bedroom. 

So here are the "before" photos:
(I have to admit they're not pure before photos because, as you can tell from the mess, I began going through things/reorganizing before I took the photos.)

I chose the colors yellow and grey. Then, I fell in love with this quilt at the store.
At the time I fell in love with the quilt, I was not planning on redoing my room yet! I have to say, the quilt was my main source of inspiration for this project!

I began my painting excursion by using a magnetic primer (only available in black - FYI) on a section of my wall. I plan to paint over this section with chalkboard paint, so I will have a magnetic chalkboard in my workspace (can you tell I'm studying to be a teacher?). 
I painted the primer and painted around the trim. This wall will be my yellow accent wall. The other three walls will be gray. 
Here is the yellow wall. I promise it looks much better in person! For some reason, I kept getting shadows when I was taking the picture. I love my yellow wall. The black magnetic primer doesn't show through at all! I loveeeee the color! It's so happy and cheerful. Hopefully I can get a better picture soon! 

That's all I've done on the painting front so far. I am forcing myself to have the room done by next Sunday at the latest! I start school next Monday, and the purpose of the room revamp was to have a quiet, clean, and organized workspace to do my schoolwork. 

I have however worked on a few pieces that will go in the finished room. 

First, I made 4 pillow cases to match my quilt. (Unfortunately, I don't have pictures yet...) The covers were 20x20 to fit pillows bright pink pillows that I accidentally bought at ikea a few months ago. The pillowcase project worked great and I can't wait to display the pillows on my new bed!

The next project was pinspired (of course). I used plain boards and plain foam stickers. I found quotes that I really liked and arranged the foam letters onto the board. Next, I simply painted the boards using the colors of my room. That was it! Beautiful custom signs to motivate me! 😉
(I also made another one that says, "Everything will be OK.")

Lastly, I decided to test my hand at reupholstering a chair. Just as the back story, I was "garage sailing" searching for a desk. I haven't found a desk, but I did find this chair. The woman was asking $10. I didn't try to make a deal with her, although I probably could have. The chair was perfect for the desk that I've been imagining. I immediately bought it. 
This is the fabric that was on the chair previously. It was very cute, but didn't match my room. 

I went to Joann fabrics today to find some upholstery fabric for the chair. I am pleased to announce that I found exactly what I was looking for! As you will soon see from photos of the finished room, I am a bit chevron obsessed! 
Here is my finished chair. Never did I ever think it would be possible to fall in love with a piece of furniture. Turns out it is because this chair is my baby! I can't wait to finally find a desk to pair with my beautiful chair. 

Keep your eyes out for more posts about this project! Hopefully more should be coming this week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment